Thursday, April 30, 2009

Home Again

I arrived back home last night around 9:30, with excited puppies eager to see me! I'm glad to have the traveling part of my adventure over, but I'm already missing Mexico. Let's just say that Iowa is COLD! It's going to take a while to get used to the cold, and I can't wait for the warm weather of summer.

It's very interesting to see what's happening in the US media with Mexico and the Swine Flu. I haven't seen a news program since January, so that alone has been a change. It's different to see it than to read it online. You can hear and see the concern and emotion, while reading it just leaves you with the facts.

It's also fascinating how quickly things are changing. Yesterday, while I was traveling, the CDC raised the alert level to 5. However, in the airport in customs, we were never asked if we were sick, and nobody seemed concerned about a plane that came from Mexico. It was anticlimactic, but I was happy with that. The less stress in travel, the happier I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment