The past week has been a week of vacation, which I always love! I spent it just working on things in the Central House and doing stuff around the city of Merida. It was really nice not to have to worry about traveling. During Semana Santa, many of the people here take vacation and head to the coast for the week. I could notice the difference in the city! There was a lot less traffic, fewer people were around, smaller businesses and schools were closed, restaurants were nearly empty, etc. It was a very calm and peaceful time to be in Merida. I'll miss the quietness- now the traffic has picked back up outside the house, and it seems like the city is returning to normal. However, some schools and places are still closed for Semana Pascua- Easter Week. Unfortunately, we still have class. :( But on Thursday morning ta 5am (!) we're leaving on a five day field trip to the southern Mexican state of Chiapas. So it's a short week for us, and we definitely have something to look forward to!
I'll have to write more about Easter and our wonderful Easter dinner later. I have to go prepare for Civ class now though. :(
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment