I'm back from the beautiful state of Chiapas, and I want to go back already! Like the title of this entry says, I want to be a citizen of Chiapas, a Chiapaneco. I forgot how beautiful the mountains are. It's definitely a lot different than the Yucatan. Gone was the hard, dry fields of bushes and stubby trees. Chiapas is full of lush forest, complete with banana trees and conifers. And odd combination, but it makes for a wonderful views.
The weather in Chiapas is quite different from Merida. We had a few days of cool, crisp weather, like Iowa in fall. The mornings and evenings definitely required a warm sweater, but during the day it was hot enough for short sleeves and shorts. It was a very nice change to see fog and shiver in Mexico!
I'll write more about what we did in Chiapas, but the 8 hour van ride from Palenque today just made me tired, even though I slept through most of it. Hasta luego!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment