Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Relaxing Week

Not much has been happening during Semana Santa- sorry for the boringness! I'm a little stressed about my research paper for this semester, and I'm trying to work on it now. With this week and our 5 day trip to Chiapas, I feel like the due date will just sneak up on me. So my goal this week is to work on it- a lot. Tomorrow is H-day: homework day.

Some interesting news, at least to me: it's been chilly and even cold today! Wonders of wonders! Oddly enough, I checked the weather online, and it was in the 80s. I was wrapped up in a fleece blanket thinking it was freezing. It's amazing that 80 is chilly to me, and 70 is just downright cold! I'm getting used to the hot weather!

This evening, Robin, Sara, Erin, and I dressed up nicely and went out to eat. After our meal we decided to head down the Paseo de Montejo to an ice cream shop. It was a little farther away than Robin thought, but the ice cream was yummy. I was thoroughly chilled after eating it though, considering the cold weather and all. :) We had an enjoyable walk- or adventure! We had the potential to get lost on the way back, since we took some back streets. Luckily we could see Chapur (a huge department store), which guided us to the house. Chapur is a very important landmark for us. It's about a 1/2 block from the house, and basically everyone in the city knows where it is. So we just tell the taxi drivers to take us to Chapur, and they get us there quickly. It makes things easier for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment