I have about a month left in Merida, and I've had some mixed feelings. I can't wait to go home and see all my friends and family, but I just don't want to leave Merida. I love living here- in a big city, in Mexico, surrounded by vibrant life and culture. I can't wait to go but never want to leave.
But I have been thinking about some of the things I miss most, and what I plan to do when I get home. Here goes:
1. In the Houston airport I'm finding Cherry Pepsi or Coke. Oddly enough, I really miss it. I haven't found it at all anywhere in Mexico, not even in the touristy areas. I'm looking forward to enjoying a nice cool cherry Pepsi, as crazy as that may sound.
2. Pet my puppies! I always miss my dogs when I'm away from home for a while, and 3 1/2 months is a very long time to go without a little dog laying on your lap. We're going to have some quality time when I get home.
3. Drive. Although I love public transportation, I'm looking forward to being able to go where I want, when I want, without a creepy bus story. :) Watch out though, people here drive FAST, and I may just be used to that.
4. Watch some Gilmore Girls. To do this one right I have to wait until I visit my sister. We'll get french fries and cherry coke and have a Gilmore Girl marathon into the wee hours of the morning!
5. Eat at a Mexican restaurant. Yes, I know I've spent 3 1/2 months eating Mexican food, but I've been craving some good ole TexMex, which is completely different from Yucatecan food. And I can confuse someone when I accidentally start speaking Spanish.
6. Ride my bike. I love my bike, and I obviously don't have many chances to ride here. A nice ride through the park in Otown sounds peaceful.
7. Have a Mommy-Daughter day! I can't wait to spend some time shopping or something with my Mom. We've been deprived of our Mom-Daughter time together, and we're going to have to make it up.
8. Eat the ultimate All-American Daugherty style meal: Roast beef, mashed potatoes and brown gravy, green bean casserole, scalloped corn, and hot rolls, with something nice and chocolately for dessert. Yum!
9. Visit my Central friends- I've gotta do this before they all leave for the summer. FYI I'll be up there on the 12th of May aka first day of finals! :)
10. Hang my hammock and take a siesta. This may prove to be tricky, but I'm bound and determined to figure out where and how I can hang my hammock. How else can I take naps?
Finalmente: 11. Hug all my friends!! I miss you all!
I love Merida, but after 3 months, I'm really missing some stuff from home. There's a lot more things that I'm looking forward to doing, but this is the short list. I know when it's time to head home, I may not want to leave Merida. But for now I'll look forward to doing these things!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment