This weekend marked the start of Semana Santa, or Holy Week. This means that I have another whole week off of classes- nice. I didn't have any big travel plans because I just wanted a nice relaxing week. And I have a big research paper due in another couple of weeks that I need to work on. :( Yes, I know. So exciting!
However, on Friday Sara, Erin, and I went back to Chichen Itza. We went once before on a program excursion, but we had a huge homework assignment to do, so we really didn't get to enjoy it much. So we decided to go back. It was a very hot day, and Chichen doesn't have much shade. But it was nice to walk around, look at things and enjoy the experience of being there. I also managed to do a little souvenir shopping, although I still have a lot left to do. :)
We decided that we would stay a night in Valladolid, a city near Chichen. We had a nice hotel with AC and a pool. We enjoyed the chance to cool down after a long, hot day. The AC wouldn't work unless we put our 1 and only room ket into the slot in the wall. I thought that was neat since it wouldn't run if we weren't in the room. Pretty ecofriendly!
The following day we went to a nice, cool, beautiful cenote near Valladolid. It was fun to swim in the underground water well, and watch the fishies. They nibbled on my toes a bit, which felt odd. After that we headed back to Merida. On the way there our bus had to turn around and head back to Valladolid for some reason. Apparently the road wasn't open to buses and such. That made our trip take about 2 extra hours. Good thing the bus was comfortable!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment