
Here are some pictures from our awesome trip to Campeche. We did so many things that it's impossible to post all of the pictures, but here are some highlights.
This picture is a view of the city of Campeche and the ocean. I took it form the top of the San Miguel Fort on top of a huge hill on the outskirts of town. It was a stunning view, and the picture just doesn't do it justice.

Here is a picture of our hostel room. I was a little nervous about the hostel, since I had never stayed in one before, but it was a great place to stay. It was only about $8 to spend the night, and our room was clean and the place was nice. It was hot, but in Mexico you just have to deal with that! I loved having a balcony in the room, and the hostel was just a neat place to stay. Oddly enough, there were several older people who were staying there.

Here is a picture of the gang of scallywags aboard their ship, El Lorencillo. From left to right: Captain Serpiente (Sara), Pegleg Muerte (Me), Skully (Erin), and Bootie Snatcher (BS, or Myra). We probably enjoyed the whole pirate thing a little too much...
I even found some nice eye patches while in Campeche. Man did we have some fun with those! (we really did look like dorky Americans!)

This is a gorgeous picture of the sunset on the ship. We were lucky to pick the evening time, and the sky was amazing. I have never seen a sunset over the ocean, so watching it while out on the ocean was simply amazing. And some people think there is no God.... I have many other sunset pictures, and each one is prettier than the previous!

Finally, here is the pirate ship. This was the one touristy thing we participated in. We hit museums, markets, and even a botanical garden, but this was the one attraction we just couldn't miss! It was worth the (less than) $10 we spent to ride on it.
I love the sunset picture you took from the ship. Its so pretty it could be in a magazine!
ReplyDeleteThanks! The sunset was beautiful, so I had a little help.
ReplyDelete