I'm getting a little behind on the updating....
On Friday we had the chance to go to a nearby town called Cuzama and see the 3 cenotes. Cenote means sinkhole- but they're (usually underground) pools of water. The 3 we visited were all underground in caves. The first one was only accessable by 60 foot wooden ladder that went straight down into a little hole. It was cool! The water in the cenotes was stunningly beautiful; I couldn't believe it! I tried to take pictures, but they just didn't capture the beauty. We spent about 45 minutes swimming at each cenote. I spent most of that time finding places to climb up the cave walls and jump off into the water. Since the water was pretty deep, it was safe to jump.
The other 2 cenotes were accessable by steep stairways. I didn't fall down any of them, so that was a good thing! To get to the cenotes, we had to ride on horse drawn carts that fit onto old railroad tracks. It was a little scary when we had to turn or when the track got bumpy because the drivers didn't like slowing down!
I was pretty tired after swimming all afternoon. Most of the time spent swimming was either spent climbing or treading water, which is really tiring. I definately spent slept soundly that night!
On Saturday, almost all of us (there's only 13 people on the program) decided to go to Progreso, the beach about 30 minutes away. We hopped on a bus and started our adventure.
It turned out to be a bad day to go to the beach because it was really windy. I stepped into the water, but since it's February, the water was still cold. We had fun laying out and trying to keep the seagulls off us. That was hard because the family next to us kept feeding the birds! We stayed until a cruise ship pulled in, and then the beach got busy so we headed out. Most of us got sunburn, but my spf 50 worked well!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hola como estas? soy allison la enamorada de biggie...hoy hable con tu abuelita y me ensenho tu blog...y el album que tenia de todas tus historias...supongo que la debes estar pasando muy bien...yo tambien visite todos los lugares que tu has visitado, el que mas me encanto fueron los cenotes pero no me meti porque el agua estaba muy fria y el cenote era de 40 metros de profundiad...hehehehe...las playas estan super lindas me gustaron tus fotos...supongo que cuando vengas vas a estar toda broncead...hahaha...al menos sera un bronceado al natural...lol...bueno espero que tengas un buen dia...cuidate mucho...espero saber de ti...
ReplyDelete