Yesterday our assignment for orientation was to get on a bus and ride until we don't know where we are, then get back home. To me, that sounds a little scary since I have no sense of direction and Merida is huge! However, my group was lucky, or so we thought. Our assignment was just to get on the Circuito Colonias bus and ride the whole circuit. This meant we were in for a long bus ride. The Circuito Colonias is a large street that ends up running through the whole city, and stops where it starts. Our bus didn't actually go the whole circuit, it went nearly half the way, then did a u turn and headed into the neighborhoods near the Circuito. We spent about an hour in those neighborhoods and the bus driver actually got off and ate lunch while we were on it! Finally we headed back to the Circuito and made it back home, an hour and half after we left. We were exhausted, but lucky that we never had to get off the bus. All the other groups had to get back on another bus.
After the bus adventure, I took a nap in my hammock. I love my hammock! It's so comfortable! I can't wait until it gets warmer out so I can sleep in my hammock all night long. Right now it gets cold at night, and hammocks make you cold since you're just hanging in midair. So I have to wait.
Today is our first field trip. We're headed to Celestun in about an hour, which is a national wildlife reserve where thousands of flamingos live. We also get our first chance to swim in the ocean! I'm excited!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment