Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pilates

Tuesdays are shaping up to be nice days for me. I only have one class and it's at 7pm-8:30pm. So my day is pretty much open. A great time to work on homework and internship stuff. The bad part was that I only had one assignment, and it was pretty easy. So I didn't have an exciting day...except for the Pilates.

Yup, I've joined a Pilates class- amazing for me! The place is a few blocks away from the house, and they use reformer beds, which are super cool. You basically lay down on a bed and use springs and pulleys for resistance. It makes Pilates easy but really effective. I took an hour long class today, and I'm not hurting too much. I also didn't fall, or kick anyone in the head, which is what happened the last time I did Pilates at Central... (sorry Amanda!)

I'm gonna go to class at least 3 times a week, and I'm pretty excited. Hopefully I'll come back to the US tanned and toned...although the tanning part isn't working out too well. My skin isn't so receptive to the sun's rays. (maybe it's the SPF 50)

I'm still totally in love with my hammock. I sit in it, I sleep in it (not all night yet- too cold!), I read in it. I even have some quality computer and Facebook time in it. It's an all-purpose addition to any style decor. I wonder if I can get Central to add hammock hooks in the the walls of my dorm room.

2 comments:

  1. So when I first read the title of this blog, I laughed pretty hard and felt very sorry for the other people in your class! I am glad that you haven't hurt yourself or anyone else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My abs hurt....but I'm going back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete