It's finally starting to get warm (aka hot) here...and the humidity is quick to follow. This whole week has been in the 90s, with the humidity levels at least 50%, often higher. If I have to be in the sun, it's been horrible. Luckily the shade hasn't been too bad.
The worst part about the warmer weather is that I was dehydrated all day yesterday. Let me tell you, dehydration isn't fun if you don't have a cool place to escape to. All morning long I was very dizzy and barely made it through class without throwing up. After lunch I was able to take a siesta, which helped a lot. By evening I was feeling a lot better, as I had consumed several bottles worth of water! Thankfully I felt good enough to participate in dance class.
Our dance class wasn't quite what I expected. We began by doing warmups to music, which suddenly turned into dance moves. We spent a whole hour dancing and twirling and shimmying and shaking our hips. And I didn't even fall! Although when we did our partner dance I did wind up with a squished toe- which was entirely my fault. I found out that I have feet which just don't like to listen to my head. Not surprising!
This morning Erin and I went to our second Pilates class. I thought I was going to die! Man it was quite a bit harder than our first one! I made it through the torturous hour and I'm planning on going back tomorrow- if I can move. We'll see about that one!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment