Saturday, January 24, 2009

Celestun

On Friday we went to Celestun, which is a town on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. We first stopped at a nature reserve which had thousands of pink flamingos. Those birds are just awesome! As we're riding along on our boat, we see a faint line of pink in the distance, which turned out to be tons of flamigos. I expected a pink bird, but the color of the flamigos is stunning. When our internet is working better, I'll try to post pictures.

Flamingos are pink because they eat tons of shrimp, by the way. If you're ever on Jeopardy, I hope that helps!

After we left the nature reserve, we headed to the beach. I've only seen the ocean once before, so seeing it on a clear, blue day still takes my breath away! It made me feel small, to say the least. I enjoyed a beautiful day on the beach, windy and warm with lots of sun. I even avoided a sunburn, except on the top of my feet and a few random patches of skin that missed the sunscreen...

Last night was my first experience with tamales. Let me just say that I do not like them! I had toast, but that has been the first meal that I haven't enjoyed. I still love the food here, for the most part!

Our internet has been down almost all day at the house, which is a little frustrating. So I hope it begins to work soon so I can post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment