Last Friday I finally had the chance to visit the ocean- for only the second time in my life! The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time, even though the water was really, really cold. This picture is the beach of Celestun. It's a quiet beach that doesn't seem to attract that many tourist. Although since it is January, I can't know for sure. At least it was calm while we were there!
The picture on the right is the freshwater spring, with a man and his son swimming in it. We talked with the man for a while, and then we were jealous that he got to swim in the spring. I had put on sunscreen so I couldn't swim in it, and we didn't have time. However, the water was amazingly clear and I was told it was fairly warm. Not like springs in Iowa!
The one below and to the right is where the freshwater from the spring is mixing with the salt water from the estuary. The cloudy part is the salt water. It looked really neat in person, and I was really happy that it showed up in the picture.
Sorry if this post seems a little disorganized. My blog keeps reformatting itself as I go along, making it hard to organize. And the photo of me in my hammock has mysteriously disappeared. *goes off to hunt for photo* More pictures coming soon! (Thankfully we've had an internet upgrade, so now I can do this!!)

No comments:
Post a Comment